It’s nice to have easy go-to recipes in your back pocket that taste delicious. This particular recipe also happens to be pretty healthy for you as far as summertime BBQ dishes go. It can be used as an appetizer or side dish, it’s easy to serve and eat with your fingers. The one downside to this recipe is that it’s not one of those make ahead dishes that can sit…otherwise you will have soggy lettuce. But you can whip it up in 10 minutes right when guests arrive or right before you leave the house.
- Argulua, washed and dried
- Balsamic glaze (like this one or make your own)
- Good quality olive oil
- Fresh cracked pepper (you really don’t need salt b/c the prosciutto takes care of that)
- 1 pear, sliced into thin pieces
- Crumbled blue cheese
- 15 thinly sliced imported prosciutto
- Put the arugula in a bowl, add a drizzle of balsamic glaze and olive oil. Then add fresh cracked black pepper and combine.
- Lay your prosciutto out flat and place a small handful of arugula on the end of the slice. Add 1-2 pieces of apple and some blue cheese crumbles.
- Roll all the ingredients inside the prosciutto.
- Serve on a platter. Option to drizzle more balsamic glaze on top.
If you have any vegetarians, skip the prosciutto and they have a delicious salad!
July 2016 Update: I put a spin on this recipe so that it would stand up better to being left outdoors in the summer time. Form the prosciutto slices in small muffin tins and bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees. Add the same ingredients as above and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Amaze!