Sometimes it’s hard to figure out what to do with chicken. It can get boring. One night after staring in my fridge for a few minutes analyzing ingredients I put together this pretty quick meal. It can be varied with different flavors. I went Greek but you can certainly use any kind of cheese you like. The nice thing about this dish it is pretty healthy as feta is better for you than some of the more fattening cheeses.
- Thick chicken breasts
- Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Half an onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- Kosher Salt & Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Saute onions and garlic in a pan with a tbsp of olive oil. Cook until translucent. Add spinach and cook for 1 minute. Add this mixture into a small bowl and combine with the feta cheese. Incorporate all ingredients.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a slit in your chicken breasts with out going all the way through. Using a small spoon, add the mixture into the center of the chicken. Really pack it in there and close your chicken with a toothpick.
- Season your chicken with salt and pepper.
- Turn a saute pan on medium high with olive oil. Sear both sides of the chicken until brown (about 3 minutes per side).
- Pour the leftover juices from the pan in the baking dish with the chicken. Add some chicken broth if you have it on hand to give the chicken some juices to cook in. You could also use some white wine. Cover with tin foil and cook for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with rice pilaf and enjoy!
3 Comments Add yours
Sounds right up my alley. Thanks for creating this 🙂
My daughter, who doesn’t cook, made this for my birthday dinner today. It was in one word, FABULOUS! I was sad to see an empty plate when I was done 😦
Thanks so much for your comment! I’m so glad you enjoyed it!