I admit, this isn’t the healthiest dinner you could make but it could be worse. Once in a while you need to splurge because it’s well, delicious. My mom made this recipe for us growing up and I always loved it, so I thought I would make it this week. We’ve been eating healthy every other night, so why the heck not? The combination of the fried, juicy, tender veal with the fresh crispness of the tomatoes and arugula, it’s just perfect. Kyle gave it a 10!
- Veal cutlets (pounded thin)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh arugula
- Fresh parsley
- Salt & pepper
- Italian seasoned bread crumbs and panko bread crumbs (50/50)
- Parmesan cheese (few tablespoons)
- 2 eggs
- 1 Lemon
- Red wine vinegar & olive oil
- Vegetable oil and I add a little extra virgin olive oil when frying
If your veal is on the thicker side you may want to pound it with a meat tenderizer. It’s personal preference. Set up 3 shallow bowls:
- Flour, salt & pepper
- Eggs, milk, salt & pepper
- Bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, parsley and dash cayenne pepper (optional)
Dredge the veal in the flour and shake off excess and then dip in the egg on both sides. When you put it in the bread crumbs make sure you use your fingers to really press the mixture into the meat.
Put a frying pan on medium to high heat. When the oil starts to roll place your veal in the pan. Let cook for 2-3 minutes until bread crumbs are brown. Flip and let cook another minute or two.
Set up a brown paper bag with paper towels to soak up some of the grease. When the veal is done place it on the paper towels until you are ready to serve and squeeze a bit of lemon juice on each piece.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half and add to bowl with arugula.
- Season with sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Then add oil and vinegar.
- Set the bowl aside for a few minutes to let the flavors meld.
To plate, place your veal on your dish and add a healthy serving of arugula & tomatoes. Pair with wine delicious wine 😉
One Comment Add yours