Tacos can be made with any kind of meat, fish or vegetables. I happen to love pulled chicken in this delicious fresh sauce. I never make them the same but try these delicious Mexican treats I made the other night! I wish I had a photo to share!
- Chicken breast
- Small corn soft tacos
- Any toppings you may like. We like to keep it simple: lettuce, fresh chopped tomatos, cut up avocado and fresh cilantro
- For the Sauce:
- Roasted Garlic (or regular is fine)
- Roasted poblano or cubanelle pepper (skin peeled)
- Fat free sour cream and/or avocado
- Salt & Pepper
- Boil chicken breast until cooked through. Let cool. Pull apart with two forks and set aside in bowl. I do recommend throwing some garlic, onion, other vegetables and/or seasoning into the water for a tastier chicken.
- Roast garlic in toaster oven for as long as you can. Spray with some olive oil for added flavor. I just cut the top off the garlic bulb, wrap it in tin foil, spray with olive oil and stick it in!
- In a blender add jalapeno, cucumber, cilantro, roasted garlic, roasted pepper, s&p. Add some of the broth your chicken cooked in to loosen it up.
- Pour sauce over chicken and add a spoonful of fat free sour cream to thicken sauce. You can also consider adding freshly pured avocado for desired texture.
- Mix chicken and sauce together and heat up corn taco shells. Have a taco bar and let everyone make their own!