A twist on regular lasagna that is slightly less time consuming. Feel free to substitute your own creative ingredients! I’ve also made this recipe with eggplant and zucchini or with meat sauce!
- Lasagna noodles
- Ricotta Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Oregano and/or basil
- Tomato Sauce (make your own fresh or use leftovers!)
- Boil water and add noodles. Cook al dente (They will cook more in the oven)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl add ricotta (reduced fat), mozzarella (I try to use part skim) and parmesano reggiano cheese. Add s&p, fresh chopped mint and 1 egg. Mix together well.
- Take first noodle and add spoonful of cheese mixture. Add some prosciutto and spinach and roll into a ball, then lay into casserole dish. Repeat until dish is full.
- Pour tomato sauce over entire dish, top with mozzarella and parmesan. Cover with tinfoil and cook for about 40 minutes- you want the sauce and cheese to be bubbling! Take the tinfoil off for the last 10 or so minutes to get the cheese finished off nice. Top with fresh basil or oregano.
- It’s easy to serve with one roll per person! (or 2 if you love it as much as me)
You can make this for two in a small dish, or make in 2 dishes, freeze one for later and eat one tonight!