- 3/4 – 1lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- 3/4 lb pasta (linguine, spaghetti or capellini)
- 4TBSP quality olive oil
- 4TBSP butter
- 3 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- Red pepper flakes
- Salt & fresh cracked pepper
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- White wine–whatever you like
- Half of lemon, juiced
– Put pot of boiling water on and salt heavily. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Keep some pasta water on the side in case you need to lower the sauce later. Meanwhile…
– Put 2 tbsp butter and 2tbsp oil in pan on medium heat. (Option to put shrimp shells and tails in the olive oil and sauté for 4 minutes or until red. Remove with slotted spoon and discard. This will give your olive oil some awesome flavor) Add red pepper flakes.
– Now put in your shallots and garlic, sauté for 3-5 minutes.
– Add shrimp and cook a minute or two ago on each side. Do not cook all the way through as they will finish later.
– Remove shrimp before fully cooked and set aside in a dish.
– Put the rest of the butter and oil in the pan and add white wine and lemon juice. Reduce for a few minutes.
– Add the shrimp back in the pan and cook another 2 minutes or so until done.
Option to add toasted breadcrumbs with a little olive oil and/or parmesan cheese and more squeezed lemon juice.