This is a very straightforward dish inspired by Italian flavors and made for the fish lover. It’s very easy to make and you can adapt the stuffing ingredients to whatever your heart desires! It’s also very healthy and satisfying.
- 4 pieces filet of sole
- Fresh spinach
- 1 shallot
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1-2 tbsp of whole wheat bread crumbs (optional)
- olive oil for sauteing
- Red pepper flakes
- Salt & pepper
- Tomato sauce (2 or so cups of your favorite!)
- Fresh basil
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat up a pan with olive oil and add red pepper flakes to infuse the oil. Add onions and then garlic until translucent (3-5 minutes).
- Saute the spinach and add the onion mixture and breadcrumbs. Cook for about 3 minutes and then set aside to cool.
- Lay your fish flat and season with salt and pepper. Divide your spinach stuffing into 4 parts (for the 4 pieces of fish) and spoon the mixture on the end of your fish.
- Gently roll the fish and place in the baking dish.
Add your tomato sauce (enough to just cover the fish) and sprinkle with fresh basil.
- Cover your pan with tin foil and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.