Anyone who knows me, knows I’m obsessed with tacos. At work, we make weekly Friday visits to the taco truck. Thinking about the endless possibilities of what you can put in a taco makes my mouth water. I’ve made quite a few versions of tacos over the last year but Kyle and I agree, tonight’s tacos were incredible. It doesn’t get much better than this!
- Shrimp (I always keep frozen uncooked shrimp in the freezer which is a great protein to have on hand)
- Corn Tacos (I highly recommend the yellow corn and whole wheat tortillas I found at Whole Foods. They made this dish! See photo at the end.)
- Grilled poblano pepper (I used a grill pan because I sadly don’t have a grill)
- Fresh Chopped Cilantro
- 1 can Yellow Corn
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1/2 can Black Beans
- Salt & Pepper
- Red Wine Vinegar (I would recommend lime juice and lime zest but didn’t have any tonight)
- Mexican cheese blend
- Grill the poblano pepper, red onion and yellow corn. (I put the pepper on first, and then added the onion and corn to the grill pan with salt and pepper to give it a nice flavor).
- While that is cooking, chop up a large amount of fresh cilantro and tomatoes. Put it in a mixing bowl with the black beans. When the pepper, onion and corn are done cooking (about 5-7 minutes), let cool and then add to the bowl. Add salt and pepper and a splash of red wine vinegar (or fresh lime juice).
- Put a flat pan on the stove on medium to high heat. Lightly rub the end of a stick of butter on the pan to slightly coat it. Add shrimp with salt and fresh ground black pepper. Cook on each side for roughly 2 minutes. Don’t over cook the shrimp or it will get chewy.
- When the shrimp is done, heat up the tacos on the same flat pan. Plate with a bit of Mexican cheese, shrimp and salsa.