Kyle loves this easy to make shrimp pasta! Feel free to substitute arugula with spinach if you prefer.
Makes 3-4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- Pasta of your choice (I usually use whole wheat penne)
- Tomatoes (2-3)
- Garlic (2-3 cloves)
- 2 Shallots
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Red Pepper Flakes (as much as you want!)
- Chicken Broth (1/2 a cup or so) and/or white wine
- Parmesan cheese
- Shrimp (optional)
- Put pot of boiling water on for pasta.
- Add olive oil to saute pan and add shallots, garlic and red pepper flakes. Pour in chicken broth.
- Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper. place tomatoes in pan and cook for another minute. (Using the chicken broth rather than more olive oil will keep this meal figure friendly!) Then add al dente pasta to the pan and incorporate.
- Add a few bunches of arugula and mix together with low heat for a minute or two. After everything has combined serve with parmesan cheese on top!